- 1 Why Your Airdrop is Not Working and How to Fix it?
- 1.1 What is Airdrop?
- 1.2 How airdrop works.
- 1.3 Will device work with Airdrop?
- 1.4 How to Make a Discoverable Airdrop?
- 1.5 Make Sure to Check if Bluetooth and WIFI are Enabled or Not?
- 1.6 Make Sure All the Airdrop Devices are Not on Sleep Mode:
- 1.7 Sign in Again on iCloud Account:
- 1.8 Check Airplane Mode or Do Not Disturb:
- 1.9 How to transfer data between IOS devices without Airdrop
- 1.10 How to Fix Multi-data transferring failing in Airdrop?
- 1.11 How to do Firewall checking on Mac system
Why Your Airdrop is Not Working and How to Fix it?
Having trouble with your airdrop? Airdrop is not working properly on your Mac system or iPhone. It is a very common problem which can be fixed easily, so you need to not worry about it. I will provide full guide step by step from which you can find a solution. If your airdrop is not working on your system, then you will face problem to share photos with your friends and Mac system. This guideline will fix all airdrops problems.
What is Airdrop?
Airdrop is a unique kind of feature in Mac system which allows you to transfer photos, videos, files between any kind of IOS system like iPhone/Mac/iPod. In the latest version of the IOS, now you can share links of apps through the airdrops. It adds a new flavor to iPhone.
How airdrop works.
Airdrops working is very simple. It uses Bluetooth to share peer to peer Wi-Fi network between IOS devices. It also provides security for your data, Airdrop transfer the data in encrypted form, so data of being exposed will be no more.
Will device work with Airdrop?
People having iPhone 5, iPod 5th generation, iPad 4, Mac 2012 or later versions should use Airdrop with no problems. Your device must be updated to iOS 8 or later and your Mac must have OS X Yosemite or later. Another thing is that the WiFi and Bluetooth of the sending and receiving devices must be turned on.
How to Make a Discoverable Airdrop?
Airdrop has the feature that controls the other devices to see if your airdrop is on or Off. This kind of setting can block other devices and only allows those devices to connect which you enable it.
How to do Airdrop settings?
Airdrop has three kinds of settings, which is described below.
- When it is off, your device is not visible to anyone
- Contacts only: only those users who are in your contact list. Your device will be visible to their airdrop
- All of them: Show your device to all nearby devices who’s airdrop is enable
For changing the setting of airdrop follow the steps which are given below.
- Firstly, swipe from the bottom to bring the control setting
- Then select airdrop
- Airdrop will show you’re the three main discoverable setting
If you want to access the same discoverable setting on your IOS or Mac system, then follow below steps
- First of all, select the airdrop from finder window sidebar
- Now, the airdrop in the window opens then click on the text called allow me to be discovered by
- Then a drop-down menu will appear which show three discoverable setting
Make Sure to Check if Bluetooth and WIFI are Enabled or Not?
If your airdrop is not working well, then you can Bluetooth and WIFI setting that they are performing well or not. If your WIFI or Bluetooth are not working well then maybe it is the reason of your airdrop is not working.
If you on the airdrop, then WIFI and Bluetooth will automatically turn on. After this, if your airdrop is not working properly then try to turn WIFI and Bluetooth off and on. Follow the below guide to fix airdrop is not working problem.
- Firstly, go to the settings then WLAN
- Then tap WLAN button to turn it off and on again and again
- Now go to the Bluetooth setting
- Then turn it off and on for some time
- Now, try airdrop on again
Note: make sure your WIFI and Bluetooth connection working fine. If your WIFI and Bluetooth connection are not working well the airdrop transfer not work.
Make Sure All the Airdrop Devices are Not on Sleep Mode:
It is a most common problem of airdrop failure or why airdrop is not working. Because when airdrop devices are in sleep mode then might be airdrop not working properly.
In iPhone airdrop needs the display to be active. On the other hand, as on Mac system, your system must be awake means do not go to the sleep mode. How to put your IOS device in awake mode follow the guide below.
- ON IOS devices, press awake/sleep button to awake the device. Airdrop can work even on the lock screen of your iPhone, but you have to accept all the notifications of airdrop which appears
- For your Mac system, press any button on your keyboard and your Mac system will be in the awake mode
Sign in Again on iCloud Account:
Airdrop might be working because of the iCloud issue. So, make sure you have the sign in your iCloud account. If you have already signed in the iCloud account, then sign out and again sign in which may solve your problem.
Tips: You have to check that both the devices have login in the iCloud. Follow the below guide to login in the account of iCloud.
- Firstly, you need to go to the setting and touch your name for going to the iCloud
- Then sign out from there, and again enter your apple id and password to sign in the iCloud
- Now, try again airdrop if it is working properly or not
Check Airplane Mode or Do Not Disturb:
It is another problem for airdrop is not working. If you forgot that your device in airplane mode or do not disturb mode, then it causes problems for airdrop. Because airplane mode turns off all the wireless radio including WIFI, Bluetooth, and even airdrop too.
You can check whether your device on airplane mode or not by going to the setting > airplane mode. In an easy way, you can swipe up the bottom of the screen to check the device is on airplane mode or not.
Do not disturb mode in IOS devices or on Mac system can do problems for airdrop. It disables the notifications from the airdrop. It makes your device not to receive any kind of airdrop request and also make your device undiscoverable.
How to transfer data between IOS devices without Airdrop
In case your Airdrop is not working then AnyTrans is the software which is best for transferring the data between IOS devices. It is the best alternative to Airdrop. It helps you to transfer 20+ types of data between iPhone or Mac system.
Transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without airdrop
- Firstly, you need to download the AnyTrans, install and launch it > connect two iPhone’s with your computer > click on the device manager > click on the device having old iPhone? chose merger device or clone device
- Now confirm the target device, and click on the continue
- Chose the device which you want to transfer the data and click on the start
Transfer Data from iPhone to Mac System without Airdrop
- Download the Anytrans software, install and launch it. Connect your device with your Mac system > click on the device manager. If you want to transfer content, then contains the data to iPhone. On the opposite, If you want to transfer the data from iPhone to mac system then choose content to mac system
- Now select the items which you want to transfer and click on the export
- When you file transferring complete, then check to view the transfer files
How to Fix Multi-data transferring failing in Airdrop?
When airdrop gives you this message “ Cannot receive all of these items at the same time.“ It happens when you try to send multiple files at the same time from mac system to iPhone. Airdrop for iPhone is basically.
Airdrop for IOS devices is basically designed for auto receiving files. When you transfer a different kind of data at a time when it is difficult to handle all of these data at once. For example, if you are sending the image, pdf file and word document then your airdrop will not receive it because of multiple types of files.
How to do Firewall checking on Mac system
If your airdrop is not working properly when transferring items to Mac, then it’s possible that your Mac system is blocking its content. So, if you don’t know how to check that mac system is blocking airdrop or not then follow below guide.
- First of all, open mac system and then go to system preference > security & privacy
- Then click on the firewall, and click firewall options
- If blocking airdrop box is unchecking then make it unchecked.
We have decided to add few more frequently asked questions regarding why Airdrop is not working at your end. I want to provide all the solutions of your problems related to airdrop over here. So, let’s get started.
Q1. Do you need WIFI for AirDrop?
No, you don’t need any WiFi connection to use Airdrop. All you need to do is to connect it with Wifi and there is no need to connect with any network at all. Airdrop uses point to point wifi technology to send data from source to destination.
Q2. Does Airdrop Use Data?
No. There is no need for an internet connection to use airdrop. All the data transmission will be peer to peer data transmission. There will be no need for the internet.
Q3. Does Airdrop Use Battery?
Yes. Airdrop does use your battery whenever it is necessary. Airdrop allows you to share your data with other devices so it is already understood that it will use your battery for data transmission purposes especially if your device is on discoverable device setting.
Q4. Why AirDrop is not visible?
In this situation, open “Settings” first. Then go to “General” option and after this, go to the “Restrictions”. Here, enter the Passcode if needed. In the restrictions list, look for “Airdrop” and make sure that the switch is toggled “ON”. Open control center again to check if Airdrop is visible.
Q5. Should I near someone to AirDrop?
Yes, you must be right next to them for that purpose. AirDrop can be accessed into the next room too. Both devices must also need the correct permission for AirDrop.
Now I hope you will able to fix the problem of why airdrop is not working. Airdrop is working on your iPhone or Mac system. I believe that airdrop is one of the most amazing features in the IOS world. If you have any other solutions related to airdrop problems then kindly share it with by commenting. I will update my guide for sure. Tell us more about how you get benefit with airdrop in your daily life. Share it this with your friends; I am sure they will also love it.