[How to Fix] iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone
Its totally fine if you are iMessage is stuck at “Waiting for Activation” and continuously showing this error on iPhone. iMessage app is being stuck in iOS 11, 10, or 9 on your iPhone but you don’t need to worry anymore.
iMessage may show “Waiting for Activation” for a couple of reasons. It can be due to low or poor internet connection or maybe something else. So, you may have to try more than one method to fix this error. Sometimes, these methods work perfectly but sometimes it drives us mad too.
Why Does iMessage Show Error “Waiting for Activation”?
There can be multiple reasons for it but the most it happens when you reset your iPhone or setting up a new iPhone. And, the most important thing is that there is no need to worry about such errors.
You may see different varieties of this error such as “Activation unsuccessful, An error occurred during activation, or Could not sign in, please check your network connection.” It’s pretty normal.
However, we are here to tell you how can you solve this iMessage error.
So, let’s dig into it.
How to Fix iMessage error “Waiting for Activation”?
You need to do the following things to activate iMessage. You should follow this guide step by step.
- You need a good internet connection (Cellular or Wifi connection) and an SMS service on your phone number.
- Your timezone should be correct. You should double check it at “Settings>>General>>Date & Time.” You can also set it to decide automatically.
- Now, turn off FaceTime as well as iMessage. Go to settings>>Messages and uncheck it. You can do the same with FaceTime which is right below Messages.
- Restart now
- After restarting your device, turn on iMessage and FaceTime again.
- That’s all, you are done.
Your iMessage should be activated instantly but it may take over 24 hours as per Apple said. You can also check the Apple system status here as activation of iMessage also depends on that.
Well, there might be a software update. You should always keep your device up to date.
- Make sure that your device is connected to a good internet connection
- Go to Settings
- Now tap on General>Software Update
- Tap on it and download the update
- Now install the update and you are done
Still not activated?
If your iMessage is not activated even after 24 hours then you may have to re-configure your network settings.
- Go to Settings
- General Tab
- Reset Tab
- Now reset network settings
Resetting your network will not harm any of your data but you may have to enter your Wifi password again.
If your iMessage is not being activated then you should contact Apple support. They will be more than happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We have complied a list of frequently asked questions by people. We will try our best to answer all of your queries…
How do I activate iMessage with my phone number?
Well, we have clearly described how can you fix this issue. However, you can go to Messages and make sure that your iMessenger is on.
Getting this “Waiting for Activation” error is a normal thing for iPhone users including myself. However, I’m pretty sure that you will be able to fix this error using the following methods. If you have any other way to turn this thing around or your iMessage is not getting activated then feel free to comment below.