- 1 How to Download and Install iMessage on Mac Step by Step Guide?
- 1.1 How to Check and Run iMessage on Mac?
- 1.2 How to set up Messages in iCloud?
How to Download and Install iMessage on Mac Step by Step Guide?
Don’t want to miss any message from your colleagues, friends or family while you are not using your iPhone?
There’s nothing worse in this world than missing a message from your boss, colleague, friends or family just because you didn’t see it.
Well, there’s good news for you. You can now use iMessage on Mac as well. iMessage is a popular messaging service that allows you to instantly text your friends, family, and colleagues at the same time.
Moreover, iMessage is the best alternative to traditional message services because you can send messages to other iOS or Mac users by using mobile data connection instead of SMS/MMS.
Isn’t that cool?
iMessage is simple and easy to install, but as you know like any other software, users run into problems while downloading and installing iMessage on Mac.
Well, look no more! We got everything covered here.
We are going to tell you how to Download and set up iMessage on your Mac step by step. You need to follow these simple steps to set up Messages on the Mac.
So, let’s get started.
Important Note: Your iChat app may not work as it will be replaced by this app upon installing.
Before downloading or installing anything on your Mac. We would recommend you to do the following to check if iMessage is already installed on your Mac or not.
Yep, that’s right. Apple has already integrated iMessage with the Mac systems. Maybe, you didn’t realize it. And, it’s totally fine.
How to Check and Run iMessage on Mac?
So, you can use spotlight to find out if iMessage is already installed on your Mac or not. A spotlight is a search tool which is available on all Apple devices.
You can open and use spotlight by pressing Command+Space bar key at the same time.
It will open a search bar, and all you need to do is to type iMessage in it to check if it is available or not. If iMessage is available on your system, then it will look like this.
If you find iMessage there, then you are already done. All you need is to click on the icon and put your Apple ID and password to get started.
- Click on that “Message Icon” to launch iMessage from your application folder or desktop.
- Now, enter your Apple ID and password and you are done. If you have enabled two-factor authentication, then you have to enter Apple ID as well as a verification code to get started.
- Click on “Message” on the menu bar and set up preference.
- Now, go to “Accounts Tab.”
- Enter your email address and phone number at which you can get messages on Mac.
- You can also choose which Email Addresses and Phone Numbers people will see whenever you chat with them.
- Congrats!! You are done, enjoy.
Wait, wait, wait!!!
We have a bonus for you as well.
Check out: [Fixed] Your iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo?
If you want to connect imessage on iCloud in macOS High Sierra or iCloud in iOS 11 then you are at the right place. We will show you how to set up imessage on both these platforms step by step.
How to set up Messages in iCloud?
iCloud keeps your messages sync so that you can renew your messages whenever you move onto a new device. It also syncs message between Mac to other iOS devices.
Pretty cool, right?
You just have to follow these simple steps to sync imessage on mac:
- First of all, open “Messages.”
- Now, click on “Preferences.”
- Move on to “Account Tab.”
- Click on your iMessage Account.
- Now, all you need is to check the box saying, “Enable Messages on icloud.”
- After that, click on “Sync now” button to begin syncing procedure immediately.
- That’s all. All of your messages will be synced.
How to Sync Messages on iCloud iOS 11?
Well, it’s quite easy. You can easily set up messages on icloud iOS 11 by following this step by step guide.
But, you need to make sure that imessage on icloud have enabled iOS 11 so that you can sync message on iPhone, iPod, and Mac.
Let’s do it.
- Open “Settings.”
- You have to tap on Apple ID banner.
- Now, tap on icloud.
- Turn “On” messages switch and Apple ID.
- Now, go to “Settings” again.
- You have to Tap on Messages again.
- Last but not least, tap on “Sync Now” button to start syncing data immediately with your icloud iOS 11.
How to Sign Out or Disable iMessage on Mac?
Due to some reasons, you may want to sign out from your messenger then you can also do it.
- Click on “Messages.”
- Now, click on “Account Tab” and go to the iMessage account.
- To sign out, all you need is to tap on “Sign Out” and confirm this action. After signing out, you will not receive any message on this account.
- Now, if you want to disable your imessage account then just uncheck the “Enable this account” box and you are done.
So, that is how you can sign out or disable iMessage on Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions About iMessage on Mac.
Q1. Why am I not receiving Imessages on my Mac?
Here are a few things to do.
- 1. Open Settings and Tap on “Messages”
- Now you need to scroll down and tap on “Receive At”
- You need to “Use Your Apple ID for iMessage”
- After that, you need to tap and sign in
- That’s it. You are done.
Q2. How do I stop my text messages from going to my Mac?
There are two ways to do so.
- Disable iMessage on Mac
- First of all, open Messenger app and go to preferences.
- Now go to the accounts tab
- After that proceed to iCloud and uncheck all the options there
- That’s it.
2. Disable it through iPhones settings.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and there you will see Messages.
- Now you need to find something that “You can be reached by iMessage at”
- Now simply tap to disable or enable according to your need
if you follow these guidelines carefully, you can easily download and install iMessage on Mac. If you are still facing any issues then feel free to comment below and we will try our best to solve your problem.