- 0.1 How to Track/Rescue an iPhone (Using Find My iPhone Feature):
- 0.2 How to Enable “Find My iPhone” Feature?
- 0.3 Possible Solutions :
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 2 Conclusion (How to track an iPhone):
How to Track/Rescue an iPhone (Using Find My iPhone Feature):
Hey guys, it’s a possible scenario that you and your friends go for a casual night out and have lost/misplaced your Apple device. Now you don’t know how to track an iPhone then I am sure that this article is very useful for you. I can understand that this is a very stressful situation but you don’t have to worry anymore. After reading this article I am quite sure that you will be able to track your lost iPhone/iPad device. For that, your iPhone device must have “Find My iPhone” feature enabled.
The default “Find My iPhone” feature helps you to find your lost Apple device. It also enables you to wipe your all iPhone data to protect it from illegal hands. If you don’t know how to enable “Find My iPhone” feature then stick by me. let’s dive in.
How to Enable “Find My iPhone” Feature?
It’s ok if you don’t know how to turn on “Find My iPhone” feature on your Apple device. You just need to watch this one and a half minute video and can have “Find My iPhone” feature turned on. Simply tap on the video.
Possible Solutions :
In this section, I will list out the possible solutions that you can use to track your iPhone/iPad device using “Find My iPhone” feature if you don’t know how to track an iPhone. Always remember that you can only use these possible solutions if you have turned on “Find My iPhone” feature.
You can go through the simple and easy step by step briefing of these solutions below. After reading the step by step instructions, you will surely know how to track an iPhone. Scroll down.
How to use “Find My iPhone” using iCloud:
You can use iCloud.com if you have “Find My iPhone” feature enabled. Just follow these simple steps.
- 1: First of all, you have to open iCloud.com in your web browser. You can use Chrome, Opera or any browser you are using.
- 2: Now login to your “iCloud Account”.
- 3: Click on the “Find iPhone” button. You can see it on the main menu.
- 4: Enter your “Apple ID” you are using and “Password” if you’re asked to do so and sign in.
- 5: Tap on the “All Devices” button at the top after going through the above-mentioned process.
- You will see the list of available devices and you can scroll down to find your iPhone/iPad device.
- 6: Click the device name of yours you would like to track/rescue.
- 7: All set you can now use the zoom function on the map to track/rescue your iPhone/iPad device. You can zoom in on the map to track your lost device more closely.
♦Find My iPhone Feature Modes:
You can also select from one of the modes mentioned in the upper right corner of the screen. The list of mentioned modes is as follow.
- Lost Mode
- Erase Mode
- Sound Mode
The question is what you can do by using these modes? Here is an understandable explanation of each mode and what you can do.
- Lost Mode: You can lock your lost iPhone/iPad device with a Passcode by using this mode. Moreover, if you use this mode you’ll be asked to enter a custom cell phone number. This number will be displayed on your lost iPhone/iPad device screen. An audible sound will also be played to draw attention to your device. Someone near your lost iPhone/iPad device can use this custom number to call you if he/she may find the device of yours.
- Sound Mode: You can play an audible tone by using this mode even if your iPhone/iPad is on vibration or silent mode. This mode will help you find your iPhone/iPad device around the house range.
- Erase Mode: This mode prevents your personal data on your missing iPhone/iPad device from illegal hands. In case you think you are not going to be able to find your lost device and then you can use it. By using this mode you can remotely wipe all the data of your lost device in order to protect it.
How to use Find My iPhone App on Other Apple Device:
You can also use “Find My iPhone App” to track your lost iPhone/iPad device. You can find the Find My iPhone App on any iPhone/iPad. Just go through the simple and working steps below to track your lost Apple device using Find My iPhone App. Here it’s worth mentioning that you can locate any Apple device linked to your iCloud account.
- 1: Firstly you have to launch the “Find My iPhone App” on any other iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- 2: Now log into your iCloud account/ID.
- 3: You will see the list of available devices. Simply tap on the name of your Apple device you would like to locate or track.
- 4: Click on the Actions Button. You will see the different options. There will be the same three options you have in the Web View while using iCloud.com.
You can use these three options according to your requirement. If you want to see the detail of these options and how to use them you can scroll up. That’s it.!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What If Find My iPhone Feature is Turned off?
The bitter truth is if it is not enabled on your missing Apple device then you can’t track your lost Apple device. But you can perform these security checks to ensure the safety/privacy of your data.
- Change your lost Apple device ID password.
- Change the password of accounts like Emails, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter on your device.
- Report your missing Apple device to your Local Law Enforcement.
What if your Apple device is off?
You can still put your lost Apple device into Lost Mode, remotely wipe it or Lock it even if it is turned off. The actions you take will make the effect when your lost Apple device is turned on next time. Always remember that if you remove the device from your account when it’s offline or turned off any pending actions will be cancelled.
Also, follow our guide if you don’t know how to reset iPhone password. 🙂
Conclusion (How to track an iPhone):
This article will help you to find out how to track an iPhone using “Find My iPhone Feature”. If you don’t know how to track an iPhone or your missing Apple device using “Find my iPhone feature” you will surely be able to locate your missing Apple device after reading this article. Kindly inform us about your reviews regarding this article in the comment section below and share your experience. Thanks.