- 1 Delete, Remove or Uninstall Apps (Including any Apple Device):
Delete, Remove or Uninstall Apps (Including any Apple Device):
Anyone who owns a smartphone has a bunch of apps on their phone that they like and use. These apps can be gaming apps, entertaining apps, informative apps or whatever. Sometimes we download and install apps that we want to test or apps that we use for a while and forget to delete them. Having unwanted and unnecessary apps on our smartphone can feel like a burden. These unnecessary apps can make your smartphone storage low. If this is the same case with you or for whatever reason you want to delete apps from your Apple device and don’t know how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone then you don’t have to worry anymore.
In this article, I am going to tell you guys how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone by using different methods.
Method 1: Using Home Screen:
In this method, I will tell you how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone through Home Screen. Removing apps on an iPad or any other Apple device from the home screen is one of the most flexible and quicker ways. You will surely get to know how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone or any other Apple device you are using after following the easy and step by step instructions below.
- Tap on the app icon you want to delete from your iPad home screen until all app icons start wiggling.
- Now you will see cross sign X in the upper left corner of the app icons.
- Simply tap on the cross sign X in the upper left corner of the app you wish to delete.
- After taping on the X you may need to confirm Delete if a warning message pops up.
- In the last step, Tap on the Home Screen to exit and for going back to the Home Screen’s normal app view
Congratulations you have deleted an unnecessary and unwanted app on an iPad.
What About Apps That Don’t Have “X” Button?
If you don’t see an “X” button in the upper left corner of the app icons then you don’t have to worry. These are an Apple built-in application’s that can’t be deleted and are pre-installed on your Apple device. The applications like “Settings”, “App Store”, “Safari, “Contacts” and etc are the applications with deep functionality which can make your Apple device unusable if you delete them. So Apple company does not allow these applications to be deleted or uninstalled.
Method: 2 Using Setting:
Using this method I will let you know how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone through Settings. It is the standard way to remove/delete/uninstall an unwanted or unnecessary app on the iPad/iPhone. It is a lot more useful. You can see a list of all installed apps on your iPad/iPhone and how much storage space they are taking under a few layers within the Setting app. You can either delete apps from there or “Offload” the apps to remove them but keep all their associated data in case you want to re-install the apps later.
Go through the steps below and your unwanted and unuseful apps will be deleted for sure.
- Launch the “Settings app” from Home Screen of your iPad or any Apple device you are using.
- Now tap on the “General tab”.
- Tap the “(Device)Storage” like if you are using iPad then tap on the iPad Storage.
- After taping on the iPad Storage, you will see a list of apps that you have downloaded and are installed on your Apple device like iPad/iPhone.
- Select and tap on the unwanted and unnecessary app that you are willing to delete from your iPad/iPhone.
- Now Click on the “Delete app” button.
- At the end just Confirm “Delete” to confirm that you are really willing to delete the app from your iPad/iPhone.
Scroll down the list of installed apps and delete all the unwanted, unuseful or unnecessary apps one by one from your iPad/iPhone by repeating the above steps. That’s it.
Method 3: Using iTunes:
It’s worth mentioning here that you can also delete apps on iPad by using iTunes. It is a flexible and useful tool and can be used in any case. Yeah, you can also use iTunes to delete, remove or uninstall apps if you don’t know how to delete apps on iPad/iPhone or any Apple device you are using. It is compatible with every Apple device.
- Firstly, connect your iPad or any other Apple device with a computer using cable.
- Secondly, open iTunes on the computer by double-clicking on it.
- Click on your iPad’s icon or any Apple device you are using in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
- Click on “Apps” in the left side panel of the iTunes window under the “Setting” tab.
- The apps are listed in the center pane of the window under the “Apps” tab.
- All you need to Find an app that you want to delete.
- Now click on the “Remove” button. It appears to the right of each installed app on your iPad/iPhone.
- After clicking on the Remove button, the button label will change to “Will Remove”.
Repeat the above step for all the unwanted apps you desire to remove from your Apple device.
- In the last step simply click on the “Apply” button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window.
The apps will be deleted from your iPad or any Apple device you are using once the sync is completed.
Want to Permanently Delete App From iTunes Library, iPad/iTouch/iPod/iPhone?
The application you deleted on your iPad/iTouch/iPod/iPhone or through the Apple device’s Applications Synchronization screen in iTunes will not be deleted permanently from your computer. If you are willing to delete an app permanently from your computer’s hard drive then you need to delete it from the “iTunes Library”.
iTunes Apps Library:
To remove the app permanently you need to follow the steps below.
- Right, click on the app you want to delete and select “Delete”.
- After selecting “Delete”, iTunes will pop up a message and ask if you wish to delete the application from your library as well as delete it from your computer’s hard drive.
- Answer yes to both of these questions and the app will be removed from iTunes library and hard drive of a computer
- If the app is also installed on iPad and you have performed sync, iTunes will ask if you would like to add this app back into your iTunes library
- Click on the “Transfer” button if you would like to that.
- Click on the “Don’t Transfer” button to remove the app from your device as well.
Your app will now be removed permanently from your computer’s hard drive as well as an Apple device.
Also, follow our guide if you don’t know which apps are the best for productivity
As always if you have any query about how to delete an app on iPad/iPhone/iPod/iTouch. Please, guys, feel free to ask in the comment section below. Beside this also let us know about your reviews related to this article. We (The iTechOfficial Team) will reach to you as soon as possible.